LFE Tennis Club – History
Leicester Forest East Tennis Club was formed in 1946 as Leicester Forest East Sports Club and was based at Kings Walk, Leicester Forest East (LFE). The Club was based there for 43 years and had three courts, one of which was floodlit from back in the mid 1960’s.
In 1989 the Club reached an agreement with Leicester Ivanhoe Cricket Club to purchase a strip of land which would allow for a six court club and duly re-located to its present address just off the Hinckley Road (A47) in Leicester Forest East.
Since moving the Club has consistently been at the top end of Leicestershire league tennis. In the mid 1990’s an ‘Airdome’ was installed with the assistance of a long term loan from the LTA and this has made the Club a genuinely ‘all the year round’ place to play tennis. Many other fine improvements have been made to the Club, including a recently installed bar facility, newly resurfaced artificial clay courts, additional floodlighting and we are considered as one of the premier clubs in Leicestershire.
We are very proud with the progress our Club has made in recent years and the management committee are fully committed to further improving facilities, coaching, social tennis opportunities and team tennis standards so that we continue to remain at the forefront of Leicestershire tennis.